Friday, March 22, 2013

Whoa, what are the odds?

I've been meaning to get back into blogging. At one point in my life, I wanted to express my emotions and the only person who was good at listening was my sister-in-law Jenny Choi. I wanted to get back into blogging which resulted in me looking back at the old social networks such as mySpace and coming across Xanga. While perusing through my old Xanga and being horrified at my topics, how I spoke (typed), and other immature things, I found a comment left behind a friend of mine whom I barely known. She was someone I knew very little about but I just remember we had a long conversation and we would have random conversations but I could not remember what we spoke about, anything about her or why I am so intrigued by her. Possibly the carefree attitude and the hilarious things she would post that were non-judgmental but then again, that was over 8 years ago.

Kids grow up, people change, personalities change but either way, I am mystified. The girl's name is Sharon Choi but the name is more common than a Korean with a kim-chi addiction. I can throw a rock in Los Angeles and hit about 7 Sharon Choi's. I haven't ever searched any person out. I kind of think to myself, is this creepy? How would she feel? I mean, I barely know the person but I don't know what is drawing me.

I met her at a church retreat over a decade ago. She was such a sweet and funny person, that's all I can remember. It was a cold winter and we sat next to each other next to a fire place and talked all night. I cannot figure how I can remember such certain details yet I cannot figure as to where I parked or where I was the other day if not for my set schedule. Anyway, we exchanged information and I lived in Columbia, she lived in Baltimore area. I later moved to Baltimore but never caught up with her. I forgot about her but I don't know why I would remember her so well 6+ years later. She sent me a message saying that if I ever came out to California, I should visit her but her phone number is no longer hers.

I looked up email addresses but to no avail, it lead me to myspace and xanga which is as useful as Paris Hilton on a coke binge. I actually did see that her location was Oceanside, CA which did help narrow things down and I realized her xanga bOrawr was partially her middle name, I'm assuming. I ran into an image that was linked to her twitter which then lead to some blog which I am on now. It's funny how things work, I went to blog and now I am searching for someone and the most recent information I found from her was a blog. She's a student at CSUSM, the school I am awaiting to hear back from in the fall. What are the odds, that two people from the same area, end up at the same area over and over. We possibly could of crossed paths millions of times in this life time but neither recognized nor remembered each other. She seems to be a techie that is focusing on teaching. She is so similar to me, it's freakishly scary.

They say, "..Sometimes you shouldn't meet your hero because the expectation is so high, it can only let you down". I am not inferring that she is anything of a hero to me but the idea of that quote. I met the chief operating officer of my main contractor that works for me and a customer and boy was it a scary sight. I am being to harsh and judgmental. I should get back to the important things but I will continue to search. It would be amazing to see the evolution of a person over the years. I skimmed over her blog and it's just analytical but that's what the purpose of the blog is for. I really should get going..

No comments:

Post a Comment